Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gratituesday: Officially a Soccer Mom

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." Psalm 118:1


For the past 8 years, I have been pining for the ultimate title in motherhood. The one that we all (according to the movies) strive to be the moment our first little blessing is born. Well, folks, that day has finally arrived for me! I am a full fledged Soccer Mom- I even signed up for snacks and everything.

                                                   My Kris-a-lis. Soccer star in the making!


                     Miq, the one I've been waiting for 8 years to finally be interested in soccer ;)

                                 Cute and confused... There was a lot of this on her first day =D


So today, on this beautiful Gratituesday, that is what I am thankful for. I am thankful for the anticipation I feel at watching my girls enjoy being on a team. I'm looking forward to the bite in the air and their rosy pink cheeks when they come off the field. Most of all, I'm thankful for this season in my life. The ups and downs, all of it. We've recently moved out of our baby making years and into the season where we get to focus on teaching our children and enjoying our family. Becoming a soccer mom is an important milestone for me because it coincides with this new season in our life. Hooray!

I've linked this post over on one of my all time favorite blogs. You'll love Laura as much as I do, I'm sure!  Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

What are you grateful for today? Let me know in the comments!

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment